hellcat td light tanks american tanks

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Lucasketch75 #1 Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2926 battles
  • [TKSTR]
So I've recently been grinding the M8A1 in hopes of getting the hellcat. I'm a good light tanker, and i feel like the hellcat would do well in my hands, on top of the fact that i always get my [edited] handed to me 1v1. is it worth the grind?

Lucasketch75 #2 Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2926 battles
  • [TKSTR]
Follow up, is it worth progressing the line?

fangs58 #3 Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 34628 battles
  • [WHC]
Yes it is worth it. It just depends on when you complete the grinds. You will either need to go through the T67 or the Wolverine. Both are good TDs. Hellcat is good. Just watch out. It's mobility will make you think you are driving a medium. The turret traverse will bring you back to earth pretty fast. 

ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

https://www.blitzsta.../1022508815.png

Posit1ve_ #4 Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:40 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 48637 battles
  • [_V_]

Hellcat is a fantastic tier 6 (My personal favorite at the tier), but it can also be very unforgiving, since the hull armor is only like 13mm thick, so HE shells will be able to penetrate it and deal full damage.

That said, the turret armor can bounce some shells, it's got 10 degrees of gun depression, good damage per shot for the tier, an excellent APCR round, and excellent camouflage rating (which means the enemy will have to be closer to spot it).

If you're looking for a full light tank experience though, the Hellcat isn't quite a light. It's still pretty fast, but it bleeds a lot of speed on its turns, (and the turret traverse is pretty slow; reflecting the historical hand-cranked turret of the Hellcat) so you can't quite play the aggressive flanker/spotter role that a light tank can. The mobility is more for relocation, and chasing down slower tanks if necessary, but it can't be relied upon to save you from certain sticky situations.

As for the rest of the line (IMHO):

T25/2 is below average

T28 Prot is possibly the worst tank I have driven

T30 is fantastic

T110E4 is great

Edited by Posit1ve_, 30 October 2018 - 07:40 PM.

301 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

outersketcher #5 Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12716 battles
  • [COD-R]

I loved the Hellcat. In my opinion, it's a great teaching vehicle. You MUST learn how to use your camo advantages and learn how to fire from behind brush without compromising your position.. things like that. And it's a great tank to re-afirm the oh so valuble lesson. "Don't get hit".

Punchy gun.. fun to play. Terrible turret traverse but so what.. you spin on your treads. Effectively increasing your turret traverse speed. yah.. that's right.. its a great tank to learn how to add speed to your turret traverse by using the treads as well.

In conclusion?.. Fun fun fun. I still play it.

Edited by outersketcher, 30 October 2018 - 08:54 PM.

I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...

WipWapJaws #6 Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:48 PM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 43759 battles
  • [WKD]

Love the Hellkitty, play it more as a second line support tank than a TD.  It’s quick in straight lines and has amazing camouflage.  The line on the whole is a fun line and I agree with Positive’s assessment except with the T25/2.  I really enjoyed that tank but I can understand why people don’t like it.

one last thing to remember with the Hellkitty, distance is ur friend. U do not want to get up close, u will get ruined. It’s traverse of its tracks and turret are too slow.

ZebraUp #7 Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20756 battles
  • [_UF_]
Hellcat is awesome in good hands, which mine aren't except for a rare game now and then..

Edited by ZebraUp, 31 October 2018 - 12:22 AM.

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

_Pridefall #8 Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:21 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12638 battles

View PostPosit1ve_, on 30 October 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

Hellcat is a fantastic tier 6 (My personal favorite at the tier), but it can also be very unforgiving, since the hull armor is only like 13mm thick, so HE shells will be able to penetrate it and deal full damage.

That said, the turret armor can bounce some shells, it's got 10 degrees of gun depression, good damage per shot for the tier, an excellent APCR round, and excellent camouflage rating (which means the enemy will have to be closer to spot it).

If you're looking for a full light tank experience though, the Hellcat isn't quite a light. It's still pretty fast, but it bleeds a lot of speed on its turns, (and the turret traverse is pretty slow; reflecting the historical hand-cranked turret of the Hellcat) so you can't quite play the aggressive flanker/spotter role that a light tank can. The mobility is more for relocation, and chasing down slower tanks if necessary, but it can't be relied upon to save you from certain sticky situations.

As for the rest of the line (IMHO):

T25/2 is below average

T28 Prot is possibly the worst tank I have driven

T30 is fantastic

T110E4 is great

I agree with Positive. If you have the research XP boosters, I'd try and get past the Prot ASAP...other than that, its a good line

A little bird once told me how to gain credits fast: "Club the seals and sell the fur and hide." 

googwot #9 Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1633 battles
  • [HJG]

Why all the hate for the T28 Proto?...its got workable armor on the front and a big alpha gun with a decent RoF.Granted top speed does sucks(do you hear me WG?),but I play mine like a slow T34 heavy and I got nearly 200 games in it with a +60% WR.Its a keeper for me!!

On topic,the Hellcat is a good tank (stay away from KV 2'S) and I've had fun playing that line all the way up to the T30 so far!!

Edited by googwot, 02 November 2018 - 05:21 AM.

aquaman10991 #10 Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7246 battles
  • [FE4R2]

I’d say go for it! Hellcat was loads of fun and relocating as said above is SUPER important so you don’t get deleted. However I’m going to suggest an unpopular notion. I think it would be good if you did what I did and got both the hellcat and the Jackson.

The Jackson was still a really great td and I even think my wr was higher in it, mostly due to the fact that bouncing in it was fairly easy for me. But mostly get the Jackson because of the hidden gem at t7.........the t25at. 

I can’t express my love for this beautiful machine even if I tried. The gun-stellar, the mobility-stellar, and for a td, the armor and angles on this thing are the most trolly ever. It’s much much better than the t25/2 which is essentially a slow turreted, much less mobile, and overall slightly below average hellcat with a t23e3 chassis. Point being the hell cat is great go for it. But I suggest also getting the Jackson and eventually the t25at.

If there’s nothing faster than light, how’d the dark get there first?—Me

Tanks come in two forms: the dangerous, deadly kind and the "liberating" kind.—Robert Fisk

truman1000 #11 Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26773 battles
Such a fun tank to play, get it now. It will hit 115kph in Mad Games with the boost. Vets will remember the absolute monster it was back in binoc/camo net days.

Also tagged with hellcat, td, light tanks, american tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users